Cleansing mud??? Yeah you read that right, well my mud of choice has to be the amazing Bentonite Clay.
Well here’s the 101. Bentonite clay is the natural result of aged volcanic ash and water. Bentonite clay is one of the most powerful and healing clays, it can be used internally to alkalize and pull toxins cleanly from the body, it can also be used externally to cleanse hair and pull toxins from the skin, this clay has an alkaline ph and a high negative ionic charge which holds
Bentonite clay should be grey/cream in colour and nothing near white, it should turn green when mixed with clear liquids. Bentonite clay is odourless and should never be stored or mixed with metals, as this will lessen the positive toxin pulling effects of the clay
Why use it on your hair?? Well simply this clay will pull all the toxins/build up from your hair and leave your hair clean and conditioned thus increasing the hairs ability to absorb and keep moisture. Moisture = stronger and healthier hair
1 part clay, 1 part apple cider vinegar (ACV) and/or 1 part aloe vera juice/water and 2 tablespoons of any carrier oil
Preparation: prep your area by placing old newspapers on the floor and wearing an old or freebie tee
1. Add everything together in a plastic or wooden dish
2. Mix everything together, it doesn’t always turn out smooth for me. Be sure to use non-metal utensils
3. Part the hair into 4-6 sections depending on how long your hair is
4. Apply as you would a relaxer, start from the roots working it down to your ends. Apply on damp hair to make the application process easier
5. Be sure to massage the scalp.
6. Once all the sections are done spray your hair and apply a shower cap or a plastic bag especially if you plan on leaving it on your hair for longer than an hour, remember this is a clay nd it’s meant to be kept moist or it will harden
7. Leave it on for 30-60 minutes. Also be careful if left on for too long it can dry hair
8. Rinse with lukewarm water and conditioner
9. You can deep condition after or apply your everyday sealing/moisturising/styling products
If you try this please let me know how it works out for you! As always peace, love and prosperity